Self-Service to Replace Web4U - Faculty and Advisors
Phase Two of the Banner 9 (B9) project is Banner Self-Service (SS). The Benefits of Banner 9 Self-Service is the Mobile user experience and responsive design. A consolidated and easy-to-use dashboard with Intuitive design for improved navigation. The SS modules are General, Employee, Faculty, Finance, Registration, and Student. B9 SS replaces Web4U. General is already live; the go-live for Faculty Self-Service is targeted for 2022.
Advising Student Profile consolidates a student’s profile, education, and career path on a single page. And it’s newly accessible to advisors and students, allowing for truly personalized advice that helps students make better academic decisions.
Faculty Grade Entry offers faculty members mobile capability for entering assignment grades and posting midterm, final, and incomplete grades. The application can then automatically compute a final grade. To make things even easier, faculty members can also import grades directly from their existing spreadsheets or Canvas.
Currently waiting for the completion of the Cloud and Data Center migration project - the Azure Stack Hub (ASH).
- Test Self-Service Faculty in the Azure Stack Hub (ASH).
- Deploy Self-Service Faculty in the Azure Stack Hub (ASH) - TEST.
- Review of Self-Service Faculty baseline functionality against the current Web4U functionality completed in December 2021.
- Preliminary Self-Service Faculty and landing page set up and configuration completed in January 2022.
- Test Faculty in the Azure Stack Hub (June and July).
- Deploy Self-Service Faculty in the Azure Stack Hub (ASH) - PROD.
- Complete outstanding tasks with the Strata Information Group consultant.
- Test Faculty Grade Entry.
- Finalize Faculty Self-Service and landing page configurations.
- Prepare training and communications.
- Solicit pilot Faculty and Advisors to move from Web4U to Self-Service.
- Plan and communicate rollout plan.
- Move Faculty and Advisors from Web4U to Self-Service, likely in a phased pilot approach starting late summer.